Are you a high school junior looking for a unique summer experience? Do you have a passion for science and are thinking about pursuing a college degree in science?
This unique 10-week research internship offers highly motivated high school students with an aptitude for biomedical sciences, a total-immersion experience in laboratory research at Sanford. Work alongside scientists as part of the research team, connect with peers through scientific journal club, and present your work as a scientific poster at the Sanford Research Symposium.
PROMISE Scholars earn 3 undergraduate elective-credits at the University of South Dakota (BIOC192) and are awarded a $2,500 scholarship.
- Strong interest in a career in biomedical research
- Entering senior year in the fall of the upcoming academic year (home-schooled students are eligible)
- Must be at least 16 years old by June 1
- Committed to participating in the entire 10-week summer program (minimum of 35 hours/week)
- Candidates are highly encouraged to participate in other Sanford PROMISE programming for an introduction to the research environment. Opportunities include: the Research Shadowing Program, the Biomedical Research Investigations, and the Community Lecture Series.
- Learn more about our various research groups here. Please note, not all labs are able to accept PROMISE Scholars each year.
Apply today to be a 2019 PROMISE Scholar.
- Applications available: November 1
- Application deadline: January 15
- Applicants will be notified of their status in March