Publications | Lab News | Contact Us
Primary Research Group
Secondary Research Group
Environmental Influences on Health & Disease
Dr. Hoover Bio
- Scientist, Population Health Group
- Infectious Disease Specialist, Sanford Infectious Disease & Travel Medicine
- Associate professor, internal medicine, University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine
Primary Research Focus
Dr. Hoover’s research interests include the epidemiology, clinical manifestations, host factors, and therapies of infectious disease. She also provides care to adult patients with a variety of infections at Sanford USD Medical Center and Infectious Disease Clinic.
Perspective Clinical Study of Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis) Outside the Endemic Area.
Investigating the Consequences of a Change in Testing Strategy for Clostridium difficile at Sanford USD Medical Center.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Emerging infections and infectious disease-related health disparities in South Dakota and the region
- Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis), a fungal infection that causes pneumonia
- Herpesvirus infections
- Antibiotic use and other infection-related quality measures